1088. Étienne GÉLINAS dit GÉLINEAU was baptized in 1624. (2) He emigrated from St-Eutrope de Saintes, Saintonge, France. His first marriage was to Huguette ROBERT on 2 June 1645 in France. His second marriage was to Marie BEAUREGARD widow of (veuve de) Sébastien LANGELIER, of the parish of (de la paroisse de) Sillery, Québec, on 12 October 1682 in Québec. (1) (2)(3)
1089. Huguette ROBERT was the ancestor of (ancêtre du) Cardinal LÉGER.
Children of this first marriage with Huguette ROBERT:68 i. Jean GÉLINAS dit BELLEMARE was baptized in 1646 in Saintes. He married Françoise CHARMESNIL MESNY on 17 October 1667 somewhere in Québec. (4)
1091. Marie BEAUREGARD was the widow (veuve de) of Sébastien LANGELIER of the parish at Sillery, Québec. (3)(5)
Children of this second marriage with Marie BEAUREGARD were:i. Jean-Baptiste GÉLINAS was born on 23 and baptized on 24 June 1684 at Poine-aux-Trembles, Neuville, Québec. (1)(5)
ii. Louis GÉLINAS was born and baptized on 12 May 1687 and buried on 2 May 1689 in Neuville, Québec. (5)
Index GÉLINAS Index ROBERT Index BEAUREGARD Table of Contents
(1) Claude Drouin, Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français, p. 563
(2) Cyprien Tanguay, Dictionnaire Généalogique des Familles Canadiennes, Vol 1, p. 261
(3) Histoire de principales familles de Berthier.
(4) PRDH, Certificat d'union No. 490.
(5) Ibid., Certificat de famille No. 5226.