136. Michel GÉLINAS LACOURSE, majeur, was born on 30 April 1715 in Rivière-Du-Loup, Louiseville, Québec. (1)
First marriage: Marie Anne HÉROUX dit BOURGAINVILLE BOURGUINVILLE on 7 January 1740 in Yamachiche. (3)
Marie-Anne HÉROUX was born on 24 June 1718 in Yamachiche. She died and was buried 13 April 1742 at Yamachiche. (2)
Children of the first marriage with Marie Anne HÉROUX dit BOURGAINVILLE were:i. Marie-Joseph GÉLINAS was baptized on 25 October 1740. She married Joseph CARBONNEAU on 29 January 1759 at Yamachiche. She was buried on 17 May 1767 at Yamachiche. (3)
ii. Marie Anne GÉLINAS was baptized on 10 March 1742 at Yamachiche. (3)
Second marriage was to Marie Noelle CARPENTIER NOËL on 4 February 1743 at Île-Dupas, Co. Berthier, Québec. (1)(2)(4)
137. Marie Noelle CARPENTIER NOËL was baptized in 1723 and buried on 12 August 1757 at Île-Dupas, Berthier. She was the daughter of Noël CARPENTIER NOËL & Marie DENIAU.
Children of this second marriage with Marie-Noël CARPENTIER were:68 v. Michel GÉLINAS, mineur, was baptized on 27 May 1749. He married Marie Louise DUTAUT on 1 February 1773 in L'Île-Dupas. Marie Louise died on 7 and buried on 9 May 1820 in Ste-Geneviève, Berthier-en-Haut, Co. Berthier, Québec.(6)(2)
i. Michel GÉLINAS was baptized on 20 November and buried 10 December 1743.
ii. Marie-Françoise GÉLINAS was baptized on 26 February 1746.
iii. Marie-Geneviève GÉLINAS was baptized on 11 October 1747 and was buried on 1 May 1750.
iv. Joseph-Marie GÉLINAS was baptized on 3 and buried 19 April 1751.
vi. Joseph GÉLINAS was baptized and buried on 26 May 1752.
vii. Geneviève GÉLINAS was baptized on 6 February 1752 and married Alexis BRISSET on 24 January 1780 at St-Cuthbert de Berthier-en-Haut.
viii.Marie-Joseph GÉLINAS was baptized on 10 March 1754.
ix. Noël GÉLINAS-LACOURSE was baptized on 16 September 1755 in Yamachiche. First marriage was to Marie-Anne COMARTIN, veuve de/widow of Gabriel COMARTIN, on 11 January 1794 in St-Cuthbert. Second marriage was to Marguerite ROBILLARD-LAMBERT, daughter of Jean-Baptiste ROBILLARD-LAMBERT & Agather COUSAY, on 15 February 1790 at St-Cuthbert.
x. Marie-Joseph GÉLINAS was baptized on 12 August 1757. She married François ENOUILLE on 23 February 1778.
xi. Joseph GÉLINAS was buried on 26 May 1752 in Yamachiche. (4)
Third marriage was to Marie-Josephte BEAUGRAND, daughter of Pierre-Simon BEAUGRAND & Marie-Josephte DUTAUT, on 1 September 1759 in Berthier (2)(5).
Children of the third marriage with Marie-Joseph BEAUGRAND were:i. Marie-Angélique GÉLINAS was baptized on 1 September 1759 at Île-Dupas. (5)
Index GÉLINAS Index HÉROU
Index CARPENTIER Index BAUGRAND Table of Contents
(1) Claude Drouin, Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français, p. 563
(2) Cyprien Tanguay, Dictionnaire Généalogique des Familles Canadiennes, Vol 4, p. 231-232
(3) PRDH, Certificat de famille et d'union No. 21540.
(4) Ibid., Certificat de famille et d'union No. 23251.
(5) Ibid., Certificat d'union No. 34914.
(6) Drouin Document copied from the Parish Registers of Québec.