4. Joseph Olivier LAVALLÉE was baptized 27 August 1857 in St-Gabriel de Brandon, Berthier Co., Québec (1). He married Elvina SALVAS on 18 November 1886 in St-Jean-Baptiste Church, West Warwick, Rhode Island, USA. As a resident of Cranston, Rhode Island, on 3 December 1892, he became a United States citizen. He died on 11 December 1934 in Coventry, RI. (2)(4)
(1)Extract from the Parish Register of St-Gabriel de Brandon, Berthier Co., Québec, son of Louis Lavallée, cultivateur and Virginie Tellier; godfather Norbert Genereux, godmother Sophie Lavallée; priest J. Brisette, Pastor; dated 7 January 1919.(See below for Photocopies of both the baptismal and citizenship certificates.
5. Elvina Alvina SALVAS was born in 1868 in Québec. She married Joseph Olivier LAVALLÉE on 18 November 1886 in St. John the Baptist Church, West Warwick, RI. She was also known as Levina SULLIVAN. She died in 1949 in Rhode Island.(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)
Children were:2 vi. Wilfred LAVALLÉE. was born 10 August 1902 in Harrisville, Rhode Island. He married Alexcia REGNIÈRE on 24 June 1929 at St-Jean-Baptiste Church, in West Warwick, Rhode Island. He died 12 November 1969, North Providence, RI. He was buried 15 November 1969, St. Joseph's Cemetery, West Warwick, Kent Co., Rhode Island. (2)(5)
i. Anna LAVALLÉE RONDEAU was born in 1890 and died in 1956.
ii. Délia LAVALLÉE LANDRY was born in 1892.
iii. Arthur LAVALLÉE was born in 1896. He married Régina BONIN. He died in 1988 in West Warwick, Rhode Island.
iv. Yvonne LAVALLÉE was born in 1898. She married Albert LANGLAIS. She died in 1953 in Coventry, Rhode Island.
v. Eugénie LAVALLÉE was born in 1901 and died 1905.
vii. Marie Alice Bertha LAVALLÉE COLLARD was born on 7 January 1905 in Mapleville, Burriville, RI. She married Théophile COLLARD, son of Joseph COLLARD & Rosilda LACROIX, in the parish of Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Conseil, Phénix, West Warwick, RI. Théophile was born on 24 May 1903 at St-Nazaire d'Acton, Bagot, Québec. He died on 6 April 1950 in Coventry, RI. Alice died on 30 September 2001 in Coventry, RI and was buried on 4 October 2001 in the Notre-Dame Cemetery, West Warwick, RI. They had four children: Bertha E. MASSÉ, Donat T., Leo N. and Paul A.ObituaryALICE B. COLLARD, 96, of Highland Avenue, a retired spinner, died Sunday, 30 September 2001, at the Kent Regency Genesis Eldercare Center, Warwick.
She was the wife of the late Theophile J. Collard. Born in the Mapleville section of Burrillville, she was a daughter of the late Olivier and Edwina O. (Salvas) Lavallée. Mrs. Collard was a spinner at the former Harris Mill for over 30 years before retirng. She had also worked as a seamstress and sales associate at the former Boston Store, and later worked as a nurse's aide at Kent County Memorial Hospital, Warwick. She also designed and made specialty wedding gowns until her retirement.
She was a communicant of Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, and was a member of the Ladies of St. Anne Sodality at the church. She was a member of the Coventry Golden Agers, the West Warwick Senior Citizens Center, the bowling league at Mac's Bowlaway, and was a volunteer for Meals on Wheels and the Alpine Nursing Home.
She leaves a daughter, Bertha E. Massé of Coventry, with whom she lived; three sons, Donat T. Collard of West Warwick, Leo N. Collard of Coventry and Paul A. Collard in Connecticut; a sister, Viola Landry of Coventry; and 13 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren. She was the grandmother of the late David Collard, and the sister of the late Arthur, Wilfred, Virginia, Antonio and Arthur Lavallee II, Delia Landry, Anna Rondeau and Yvonne Langlois.
The funeral was held Thursday, 4 October, at 8 a.m. from the R. Potvin & Son Funeral Home, 45 Curson St., West Warwick, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 9 in Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, Pleasant Street, West Warwick. Burial will be in the Notre Dame Cemetery, West Warwick.
viii. Viola Lavallée LANDRY was born in 1906. She married Alfred Landry in Notre-Dame Church. She died in 2006, at the age of 99 years. She is buried in Notre-Dame Cemetery with her husband.Viola and Alfred had two children: Gérard Landry and Jeanne Landry.
ix. Antonio LAVALLÉE was born in 1909 and died in 2000. (6)
Click on graphic for expanded view
Index LAVALLÉE Index SALVAS Table of Contents
(1) Drouin document from Parish Register of St-Gabriel-de-Brandon, Co. Berthier, Québec.
(2) Marriages of St. John the Baptist Church, West Warwick, RI.
(3) Census of 1870 in Biddeford, Maine
(4) Census of 1880 in Warwick, Rhode Island
(5) Burials of Potvin Funeral Home, West Warwick, RI, p. 332.
(6) Data from various family members over the years.