8186. Jehan BLANCHARD was born in 1611 in Martaize, Vienne, France. He married Jeanne RADEGONDE LAMBERT around 1642 in Port-Royal, Acadie. (23)
Excerpt from the Acadian 1671 Census: "Jehan BLANCHARD, 60, wife, Radegonde LAMBERT 42; Children (married): Martin 24, Madeline 28, Anne 26; (unmarried): Guillaume 21, Bernard 18, Marie 15; cattle 12, sheep 9." (15)(26)
8187. Jeanne RADEGONDE LAMBERT was born around 1621 at Seigneury of Aulnay, Village of Martaize,"near Loudun", Department of Vienne, France, Europe. She died in 1686. The DNA haplogroup subgroup for Radegonde has been determined as of European origin.
Children were:4093 i. Madeleine BLANCHARD was born around 1643. She married Michel RICHARD dit SANSOUCY circa 1656 in Port-Royal. She died between 1678 and 1684 in Port-Royal. (23)(2)(12)
ii. Anne BLANCHARD was born around 1645. She first married François GUÉRIN before 31 December 1659 in Acadie. She then married Pierre GAUDET, l'ainé, son of Denis GAUDET & Martine GAUTHIER around 1672. She died in Beaubassin.(23)(2)(11)(24)(25)Children with François GUÉRIN were:
i. Anne was born around 1660. She married Laurent GODIN dit CHÂTILLON dit BEAUSÉJOUR, son of Pierre GODIN & Jeanne ROUSSELIÈRE around 1677. She was buried at St-Antoine-de-Tilly on 23 January 1718 at the age of 50. (25)
ii. Marie was born around 1662. She married Pierre ARSENEAU widower of Marguerite DUGAS before the Census 1686. She died in Beaubassin after 25 April 1723. (25)
iii. Jérôme dit GIRAUD was born around 1665. He married Isabelle/Élisabeth AUCOIN, daughter of Martin AUCOIN & Marie GAUDET around 1698. (25)Children were: Judith, Marie, daughter, Isabelle, Marguerite, Françoise, Pierre, Henriette, François, Jean-Baptiste, Dominique, Charles, daughter.
iv. Huguette was born around 1667. She married Charles DOUCET, son of Germain DOUCET & Marie LANDRY around 1684. (25)
v. François was born around 1669 as he is listed as 2 years old in the Port-Royal Census 1671. (25)
iii. Martin BLANCHARD was born around 1647 in Port Royal, Acadie. He married Marie Françoise LEBLANC, daughter of Daniel LEBLANC & Françoise GAUDET, around 1671 in Cobequid, Acadie. His second marriage was to Marguerite GUILBEAU, daughter of Pierre GUILBEAU & Catherine THÉRIOT before 1686. He died before 1738. (23)
1018 iv. Guillaume BLANCHARD was born around 1650 in Port Royal, Acadie. He married Huguette GOUGEON, daughter of Antoine GOUGEON & Jeanne CHEBRAT, before 31 December 1698 in Acadie. The date of marriage is probably between 1672 and 1689. Guillaume died before 1741. (1)(23)(2)
v. Bernard BLANCHARD was born around 1653 in Port Royal, Acadie. According to the Port-Royal Census of 1671, he was 18 years old at that time. (23)(15)
vi. Marie BLANCHARD was born around 1656 in Port Royal, Acadie. She married Pierre GAUDET, le jeune, son of Denis GAUDET & Martine GAUTHIER around 1675. (23)(15)(24)
Index BLACHARD Index LAMBERT Table of Contents
(1) PRDH, Certificat d'union No. 10158.
(2) Broderbund, World Family Tree.
(3) Relationship between Radegonde and this author
(4) Oral Histories of the Mi'kmaq People
(5) Four Directions
(6) Northeast Tribes - The MicMac
(7) The Mi'kmaq (Micmac)
(8) Ste-Anne de Restigouche - 1842-1867
(9) Mi'kmaq Creation Story
(10) Celeste Morrow's family tree.
(11) PRDH, Certificat de famille No. 4327.
(12) Broderbund WFT Vol 1, Ed. 1, Tree #1500.
(13) Acadian surnames at the time of deportation 1755.
(14) Our First Acadian Ancestors
(15) Acadian 1671 Census
(16) More information
(17) Renseignments en outre
(18) In the Relations des Jésuites, Vol 63, pp.34-36, years 1683-1684, there is mention of a RADEGONDE and her husband Sebastien MANIK8 participating in religious ceremonies honoring St-Francis-de-Sales, patron of their Mission Church. Present also were Fabien and his wife Agnès Pulcherie, as well as Catherine Marine and her daughter Agnès Urusle. In the baptismal certificates of his two children, François Xavier and Marie Catherine Ansite8anski8e, the wife of Sebatien Manik8 is listed as Tchibang8nansk8e.
(22) "Histoire et Genealogie des Acadiens", by Bona ARSENAULT, Volume 2, Pages 394 and 753, for Marriage and kinship references (JFN,1999), in an email from Jim Nesbitt, 3 Sept 2001.
(23) Stephen A. White, Dictionnaire génélogique des familles acadiennes, Centre des Études, Université de Moncton, 1999, Vol 1, pp. 143-156.
(24) Ibid., pp. 666-686.
(25) Ibid., pp. 775-778.
(26) Stephen A. White, Dictionnaire généalogique des familles acadiennes, Vol II, p. 909.
Return to Top