3756. Nicolas PINEL was born in La Rochelle, Arènes, France, the son of Jean PINEL & Thomasse LAHAIE, who married before 1620 in France. Nicolas married Madeleine MARANDA on 29 September 1630 in France. He came to New France with his familly in 1650. He settled in the native seigneurie at Sillery. He died on 18 September 1655 in Québec. (1)(2)(6) (7)
3757. Madeleine MARANDA was born around 1609 in Bourneuf, diocese of La Rochelle, in Aunis. France. She was the daughter of Mathieu MARANDA & Jeanne GUAY. She then married André RENAUD on 20 February 1659 in Québec. She was also known as Marguerite MARAULT. (4)(5)(7)
Children were:1878 i. Gilles PINELLE was baptized at LaRochelle, France, on 22 February 1635. He came to New France with his family in 1650. He married Anne LEDET on 2 September 1657 in Québec. His family settled on the Natives' estate at Sillery, then moved to Neuville. He died on 15 January 1700 in Neuville. (1)(3)(6)
Two other children younger than Gilles. (1)
Index PINEL Index MARANDA Table of Contents
(1) PRDH, Certificat de famille No. 161.
(2) Ibid., Certificat de famille No. 162.
(3) Ibid., Certificat de mariage No. 66505.
(4) Ibid., Certificat d'individu No. 318.
(5) Ibid., Certificat de famille No. 163.
(6) Biographical Dictionary for The Jesuit Missions in Acadia and New France: 1602-1654, Lucien Campeau, S.J., translated by William Lonc, S.J. & George Topp, S.J., summer 2001, p. 350.
(7) Additional Biographical Information: Send me an email at normlev at cox dot net requesting the data.