508. Claude GIROUARD was born in 1683. He married Élisabeth Isabelle BLANCHARD on 5 February 1709 according to the Port-Royal Parish Register in Acadia. He died before 1709. (1)(4)
509. Élisabeth Isabelle BLANCHARD was born around 1689. She is listed in the Gloucester MA Census 1709 as a 72 year old widow. (4)
Children were:254 iii. Joseph GIROUARD was born on 20 July 1717 and baptized on 1 Aug 1717 in Port-Royal, Acadie. His godparents were Charles BLANCHARD & Madeleine BLANCHARD. He first married Rosalie HÉBERT, daughter of Alexiandre HÉBERT & Marie DUPUIS, on 22 January 1742 in Acadie. He then married Nathalie dite Anastasie LEBLANC, daughter of Jean-Simon LEBLANC & Jeanne DUPUIS, on 19 February 1748 in Acadie. Joseph died and was buried on 25 August 1776 in St-Ours, Richelieu. Anastasie died on 18 and was buried on 19 July 1808 in St-Ours, Richelieu, Québec. (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)
i. Marie-Josèphewas born 9 May and baptized 5 July 1710 in Port-Royal. Her godparents were Charles BLANCHARD & Madeleine BLANCHARD. Her first marriage was to Charles LANDRY, son of Charles LANDRY & Catherine-Josèphe BROUSSARD around 1728. She then married Zacharie THIBODEAU, son of Antoine THIBODEAU & Marie PRÉJEAN on 11 February 1754 in Port-Royal. (4)
ii. Madeleine was born on 22 and baptized on 23 October 1714 in Port-Royal. She married Alexandre HÉBERT, son of Alexandre HÉBERT & Marie DUPUIS on 10 January 1735 in Port-Royal, Acadie. (1)(4)
iv. François was born 13 June and baptized 17 November 1720 in Port-Royal. (4)
Index GIROUARD Index BLANCHARD Table of Contents
(1) PRDH, Certificat d'union No. 10377.
(2) Ibid., Certificat d'individu No. 221548.
(3) Ibid., Certificat d'union No. 26204.
(4) Stephen A. White, Dictionnaire génélogique des familles acadiennes, Centre des Études, Université de Moncton, 1999, Vol 1, pp. 147 & 733.
(5) Drouin document copied from the Parish Registers of Québec.