3052. Gilles BACON appeared in New France before 1645 as a domestic servant for the Jesuit mission among the Hurons. He returned from that mission with news of a discovery of a gold and copper mine, which turned out to be false. He married Marie TAVERNIER on 2 May 1647 in Château-Richer, Québec. On 10 November 1647, he obtained land at Beaupré. He died on 5 March 1654. His wife Marie and daughter Marie Madeleine became Hospitaliers in 1668. (1)(2)(3)(5)
3053. Marie TAVERNIER was born in 1632.
Children were:1526 i. Eustache BACON was born on 12 September 1650. He married Louise GUIMONT on 27 June 1674 somewhere in Québec. He died on 4 April 1716 in Château-Richer, Québec. (3)(4)
ii. Marie Madeleine was born on 11 September 1650 in Québec. She died on 25 September 1737 in the Hôpital général de Québec. (3)
Index BACON Index TAVERNIER Table of Contents
(1) PRDH, Certificat de famille No. 526.
(2) Ibid., Certificat de marige No. 66364.
(3) Ibid., Certificat de famille No. 525.
(4) Ibid., Certificat de mariage No. 94555.
(5) Biographical Dictionary for The Jesuit Missions in Acadia and New France: 1602-1654, Lucien Campeau, S.J., translated by William Lonc, S.J. & George Topp, S.J., summer 2001, p. 51.