Urbain TESSIER dit LAVIGNE was born before 1625 in Anjou, France. He arrived at Montréal before 1648. He married Marie ARCHAMBAULT on 28 September 1648 in Québec. The couple settled in Montréal and had sixteen children who left many descendants. Urbain died 21 March 1689 in Montréal, at the age of 70. His parents were Arthur TESSIER & Jeanne MEME who were married before 31 December 1625. (1)(2)(3)(5)
Marie ARCHAMBAULT was born on 24 February 1636 in France. She died on 16 August 1719 in Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montréal.
Sixteen ChildrenAgnès TESSIER was born and baptized on 23 March 1659 in Montréal. She married Guillaume RICHARD LAFLEUR on 26 November 1675 in Montréal, Canada. Guillaume, the son of Jean RICHARD & Anne MEUNIER, was born before 1641 in St-Léger, Diocèse De Saintes, France. They had eight children. Guillaume died and was buried on 2 July 1690 in L'Enfant-Jésus, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montréal, Québec.
After Guillaume died in 1690, Agnès married Claude DUCONGÉ LAFORTUNE on 21 November 1692 in L'Enfant-Jésus, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montréal, Québec. They had five children. Claude died on 2 and was buried on 3 September 1729 in Montréal. Agnès died and was buried on 24 January 1733 in L'Enfant-Jésus, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montréal, Québec.(1)(4)(6)
Index TESSIER Index ARCHAMBAULT Table of Contents
(1) PRDH, Certificat de famille No. 87282.
(2) Ibid., Certificat de mariage No. 66378.
(3) Ibid., Certificat de famille No. 87281.
(4) Ibid., Certificat de mariage No. 47404.
(5) Biographical Dictionary for The Jesuit Missions in Acadia and New France: 1602-1654, Lucien Campeau, S.J., translated by William Lonc, S.J. & George Topp, S.J., summer 2001, p. 403.