32. Jacques FOURQUIN dit LÉVEILLÉ , also known as Joseph FOURQUAIN, was born around 1772 in St-Michel d'Yamaska, Québec. He married Marie ST-GERMAIN dit GAUSSIN/GAUCIN on 15 January 1798 in St-Michel, Yamaska, Québec. Jacques married a second time to Marie Alexandre LALIBERTÉ on 30 November 1851 in St-Guillaume d'Upton. Jacques died on 11 and was buried on 13 July 1860 in St-David d'Yamaska. (1)(2)(6)(11)(12) (13)
33. Marie STGERMAIN dit GAUSSIN GAUCIN was also known as Marie-Anne. She was born on 14 August and baptized 15 August 1779 in St-Michel d'Yamaska. Marie died on 8 and was buried 10 January 1845 in St-David d'Yamaska, Québec. (10)(13)
Children were:16 iv. Joseph LÉVEILLÉE was born 19 and baptized on 20 March 1813 in St-Michel d'Yamaska, Québec. Godparents were Jean-Baptiste BROUILLARD and Geneviève DANIS. He first married Marie BROUILLARD, daughter of Félix BROUILLARD & Marie Louise ALEXANDRE, who was born and baptized on 23 July 1815 in St-Michel, on 18 October 1831 in St-Michel d'Yamaska, Québec.
Joseph married twice more: his second marriage to Émilie AUTOT (AUTOTTE) on 13 April 1874; his third marriage to Luce CARTIER on 12 April 1866. He died on 25 was buried on 28 April 1902 in St-Aimé, Massueville, Richelieu County, Québec.(1)(9)
i. Antoine FOURQUIN dit LÉVEILLÉE was born on 6 and baptized on 7 October 1798 in St-Michel, Yamaska. He married Angélique DESROSIERS dit DEGUIRE, daughter of Jean-Baptiste DESROSIERS dit DEGUIRE & Thérèse FORCIER, on 7 August 1820, in St-Michel d'Yamaska, Québec. Angélique was born and baptized on 3 April 1800 in St-Michel d'Yamaska. Antoine was one of the original 139 residents of St-Michel Parish who requested, in a document dated 24 January 1834, that a new parish be established in the Massue seigniory or domain. On 3 June 1834 the first members of the Conseil de la Corporation de St-Aimé were elected. Antoine Léveillée was one of these first members.(10) Thus began the construction of the church and the organization of the village of St-Aimé, now known as Massueville, named after its first Lord, Aimé Massue. Antoine Fourquin-Léveillé was one of the first church wardens, serving in that capacity in 1838. It is probably that Antoine died before 1886 since his wife wrote her will on 25 September 1886, leaving all her possessions to charitable causes. One of the provisions of Angélique's will stipulated that a low Mass be celebrated every 3 November each year, forever. Actually Antoine died on 29 December 1874 and buried on 2 January 1875 in St-Aimé de Richelieu, Massueville, Québec. Angélique died on 29 January and was buried on 1 February 1902 in St-Aimé de Richelieu, Massueville, Québec.(1)(3)(4)(5)(6)(13)
ii. Marie FOURQUIN dite LÉVEILLÉ married Louis PÉPIN, son of Louis PÉPIN & Marie ST-GERMAIN, on 27 January 1818 in St-Michel d'Yamaska, Québec. (8)
iii. Marguerite FOURQUIN dite LÉVEILLÉ married Joseph BROUILLARD, son of François BROUILLARD & Thérèse PAUL HUS on 16 October 1820 in St-Michel d'Yamaska, Québec. (1)
Jacques' nephew Joseph Michel FOURQUIN dit LÉVEILLÉ Marianne Anne SAINT-GERMAIN, daughter of Joseph SAINT-GERMAIN & Anne CARDIN, on 27 January 1812 in St-Michel, Yamaska, Québec. (7)
Index LÉVEILLÉE dit FOURQUIN Index ST-GERMAIN Table of Contents
(1) Mariages de St-Michel d'Yamaska (1727-1965), Relevé par Ant. Mongeau et B. Parenteau, Compilé et publié pas B. Pontbriand, agronome, 2390, Marie Victorin, Québec 6, 1966, pp. 159-167, 239.
(2) Family History, The Church of the Latter Day Saints, p. 13:425
(3) Ibid., 13:429
(4) Mariages de St-Michel d'Yamaska (1727-1965), Relevé par Ant. Mongeau et B. Parenteau, Compilé et publié pas B. Pontbriand, agronome, 2390, Marie Victorin, Québec 6, 1966, p. 74
(5) Histoire de la Seigneurie Massue et de la Paroisse St-Aimé, Ovide-M. H.-Lapalice, 1930, p. 140-147.
(6)PRDH - Programme de Recherche en Demographie Historique,Certifcat de baptême No. 557877.
(7) Mariages de St-Michel d'Yamaska (1727-1965), Relevé par Ant. Mongeau et B. Parenteau, Compilé et publié pas B. Pontbriand, agronome, 2390, Marie Victorin, Québec 6, 1966, p. 159.
(8) Ibid., p. 165.
(9) Régistre de Baptême de St-Michel d'Yamaska, Year 1813.
(10) PRDH Certificat No. 610717, Baptême.
(11) Ibid., Acte de Mariage, Certificat No.360817.
(12) Ibid., Acte de famille, Certificat No. 83608.
(13) Drouin Document copied from the Parish Registers of Québec.