12. Cyrille BÉLANGER was born and baptized 3 April 1839 in Ste-Marie de Beauce. (*12*) He married Victoire FOURNIER on 7 June 1859 in St-Bernard, Dorchester County, Québec. He died on 1 June 1918, at the age of 79, in Coventry, Rhode Island. (1)(11)(13)(15)
13. Victoire FOURNIER was also known as Victoria FOURNIER. She was born and baptized on 14 May 1842 in St-Vallier, paroisse de St-Philippe & St-Jacques, Compté Bellechase, Québec. Victoire died before 1910 in Coventry, RI. They had eleven children: George, Marie Belzémire, François, Joseph, Marie Délima, Émilie, David, Victoire, Gédéon, Arthémise et Cordelia.(15)
Cyrille and Victoire Bélanger immigrated to Harris Village, Coventry RI in 1881.
They lived at 58 Mill Street in Harris Village.
The last child to be born in Saint-Bernard was Joseph Gédéon Eusèbe, my maternal grandfather.
Their last two children were born in Coventry, RI. (Ed. Norm Léveillée)
Refer to the Québec Census of 1861 & 1871 & 1881 & 1891
Or to the US Census 1900 & 1910
Children were:6 ix. Joseph Gédéon Eusèbe BÉLANGER. was born and baptized on 6 February 1877 in St-Bernard, Dorchester County, Québec.(1)(3) He married Mélina THÉROUX on 8 June 1896 in Notre-Dame, mission church of St-Jean-Baptiste Parish, West Warwick, RI. (4)(10) He died on 1 November 1948 in Coventry, Rhode Island. Mélina died on 5 December 1943 in Coventry, RI.(2)(15)
i. George BÉLANGER was born and baptized on 6 February 1860 in Saint Bernard. He died on 22 and was buried on 23 February 1860 in Saint Bernard. (3)
ii. Marie Belzémire BÉLANGER was born on 15 and baptized on 16 April 1861 in St-Bernard de Dorchester, Québec. She married Edouard LEBEAU 12 Aug 1895. Edouard was born 7 March 1866, Sterling CT; died on 22 February 1933. Edouard's parents were Isaac LEBEAU & Marie ROBERT (born in Amherstville, CT). Marie Belzémire died on 10 December 1929. Cyrille lived with this daughter until his death in 1918. (2)(3)(15)
iii. François BÉLANGER was born and baptized on 15 November 1862 in St-Bernard de Dorchester, Québec. He married Henriette COURCHESNE, daughter of Joseph COURCHESNE & Henriette LAPORTE, before 1885. François died on 24 May 1923 in Providence RI. His wife Henrietta died on 27 December 1940 in Providence, RI. One of their children was George Treffle born and baptized 14 July 1886 in St. John the Baptist Church, West Warwick, RI. Godparents were Cyrille and Victoria BÉLANGER, his grandparents. (10)(3)(8)(16)
iv. Joseph BÉLANGER was born and baptized on 4 May 1866 in St-Bernard, Québec. He died in Harris Village, Coventry, RI on 15 June 1935 and was buried in Notre-Dame Cemetery, Phenix, West Warwick, RI. He married Délia LEBEAU on 1 February 1892 in the mission church of Notre-Dame, of St. John the Baptist Church, West Warwick, RI.(5)(10) Warwick licence: they lived in Anthony; married by J.D. Lebel, curate. Délia's parents were Isaac LEBEAU & Marie ROBERT (married 29 May 1865 in Ste-Croix, Dunham). Délia was born 1 October and baptized on 6 October 1867, by the Rev. James Quinn, in All Hallows Church, Moosup, CT; her godparents were Paul Lebeau and Delia Lebeau. Délia died on 7 December 1964 in Cranston RI and was buried in Notre-Dame Cemetery, West Warwick, RI. Children: Joseph Isaac (b. 4 March 1893), Belzémire (b. 8 June 1897), Gédéon Walter (b. 18 October 1902). (2)(3)(9)(16)(17)Belzémire BÉLANGER was born on 8 June 1897 in Coventry RI. She married Henry DANIS on 12 October 1925 in Notre-Dame Church, West Warwick, RI. (15)
v. Marie Délima BÉLANGER aka Délia Rose de Lima was born on 27 May and baptized on 28 May 1868 in Saint Bernard de Dorchester, Québec. She married Hercule aka Johnny MARTIN on 13 February 1887, St-Jean-Baptiste Church, West Warwick, RI. Délima died on 15 August 1907 in Harris Village and was buried in St.Joseph's Cemetery, West Warwick, RI. Hercule, son of Toussaint MARTIN & Marguerite BONENFANT, was born on 1 August 1862 in St-Aimé, Massueveille, Richelieu, Québec. (6)(10)(2)(3)(15)(16)Five Children:
1. Marie Delima Rosanna Eveline Martin, b. 28 February 1888, Rhode Island
2. Joseph Hercule Stanislas Martin, b. 26 April 1889, Harris, Coventry, Kent County, Rhode Island
3. Joseph Marcel Guillaume Martin, b. 6 August 1890, Rhode Island
4. Marie Della Martin, b. 2 July 1892, Rhode Island
5. Louis Napoleon Martin, b. 2 February 1895, Rhode Island
vi. Émelie Philomène BÉLANGER was born and baptized on 15 August 1870 in St-Bernard, Co. Dorchester. She died on 20 August 1885. (2)(3)(15)
vii. David Cyrille BÉLANGER was born and baptized on 20 August 1872 in St-Bernard, Co. Dorchester. He died and was buried on 16 January 1880 in St-Bernard, Co. Dorchester, Québec. (3)
viii. Victoire Rosalie BÉLANGER born and baptized on 8 February 1875 in St-Bernard, Co. Dorchester, Québec. She married Joseph Louis BEAUDOIN on 23 January 1899 by J.L. Lebel, curate. Joseph was born on 20 November 1871; died on 6 December 1945. Rosalie died on 24 October 1952 in West Warwick, RI.
Children were: Auguste, Aurize.(2)
x. Arthémise Fortunée BÉLANGERwas born on 28 and baptized on 29 May 1879 in St-Bernard, Dorchester. (2)
xi. Cordilia BÉLANGER was born in 1882 in Coventry, RI; died on 12 July 1910 in Coventry RI. She married Théodule ROBIDOUX on 14 April 1899, by J.D. Lebel, curate. Théodule was born on 19 August 1877. He died on 2 June 1940 in Harris Village and was buried in St-Joseph Cemetery, Arctic, West Warwick RI. His parents were Jean-Baptiste ROBIDOUX & Elizabeth MATHIEU.
Children:Joseph Hercule ROBIDOUX was born on 26 March in Harris Village. He died on 12 May 1899 in Woonsocket RI. (16)
Dora ROBIDOUX was born on 24 January 1901 in Anthony, Coventry RI. She married Alfred MASSÉ. They lived in Harris Village.
Edouarda ROBIDOUX was born on 26 June 1904 in Harris Village. She married Joseph DOMINÉE
Zoé Victorine ROBIDOUX was born on 13 October 1906 in Harris Village. She married Raoul PROULX on 20 November 1941 in St-Jean-Baptiste Church, West Warwick, RI.
Jeannette ROBIDOUX was born on 2 May 1909 in Harris Village, Coventry, RI. She married Jean LABEL. (2)
xii. Treffle BÉLANGER was born in Coventry, RI and baptized on 27 September 1885 in St. John the Baptist Church, West Warwick, RI. (10) Godparents were François & Henriette BÉLANGER, his brother and sister-in-law. (7)
Refer to the Québec Census of 1861 & 1871 & 1881 & 1891
Or to the US Census 1900 & 1910
Or to the Québec Counties
Or to the Québec Counties Index
Or to the Ste-Marie de Beauce & St-Bernard de Dorchester
Please use the BACK/RETURN Button on your Browser to
Return to the Previous Page.
Index BÉLANGER Index FOURNIER Table of Contents Késsinnimek - Roots - Racines
(1)Frère Éloi-Gérard, B.A., B.P., mariste, Receuil de Généalogies des comptés de Beauce, Dorchester, Frontenac, 1625-1946, Collège du Sacré-Coeur, Beauceville, P.Q. p. 167
(2) Town Clerk's Office, City of Warwick, Rhode Island.
(3) Extract of the Register of Baptisms, Marriages and Burials of the Parish of Saint-Bernard, Dorchester, PQ, for the year 1870, from the Drouin Collection.
(4) J.Burkhart, A. Letourneau, M. Letourneau, R. Gaudet, C. Gaudent, Marriages of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, West Warwick, RI (Artic) 1873-1980, Vol. 1, p. 32.
(5) Ibid., p. 33.
(6) Ibid., p. 32.
(7) J. Burkhart, A. Letourneau, M. Letourneau, L. McDonald, H. Paradis,Baptisms of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church,, Vol. 2, West Warwick, RI 1873-1989, A.F.G.S. Library Committee, 1992, p.68.
(8) Ibid., p. 63.
(9) Baptismal Certificate, All Hallows Church, Moosup Ct.
(10) Actually the town of Warwick, since West Warwick was separated and incorporated in 1913.
(11) Map of the Old Québec Counties
(*12*) According to the Québec Est Census of 1861, Cyrille Bélanger is listed as 22 years of age. In the Census of 1871, Cyrille is listed as 32 years of age. Refer to Québec Census 1861-1891. There are no records in the Original Parish Register of Ste-Marie de Beauce, as indicated by a recent search of these records. However, my theory is that the priest combined two records: that of Marcelline (different family name) and that of Cyrille Bélanger.le 10 mars 2010
Bonjour M. Léveillée,
Mon nom est Normand Labbé, bénévole pour entrér les données du cimetière sur informatique.
J'ai effectué les recherchers pour votre demande sur Cyrille Bélanger. Voici les résultats :
# aucun Cyrille Bélanger est né à Ste-Marie dans toutes les familles ayant vécues à Ste-Marie
# dans les registres, c'est bien Marcelline qui apparait pour le 3 avril 1839. Même s'il y avait eu erreur, nous on a aucun moyen de le savoir.
# par contre voici les prénoms des enfants de Frs-Xavier et Margurerite Drouin nés à Ste-Marie :
= François-Xavier 1815
= Pierre 1816
= Louise 1818
= Joseph 1820
= Marguerite 1823
= Jean-Baptiste 1829
= Georges 1833
= Marcelline 1839
François-Xavier l'époux de Marguerite Drouin est inhumé à Ste-Marie le 10 sept. 1839 près de l'église.
Ces données sont basées sur les registes paroissiaux.
Il existe d'aillieurs des volumes sur les baptêmes - mariages et sépultures de Ste-Marie basés sur les registres paroissiaux faitent par des bénévoles.
Presbytère de Ste-Marie
62 Notre-Dame S
(13) Census of 1861Name: Cyrille Bélanger
Census Place: St-Bernard, Dorchester, Quebec
Estimated Birth Year: 1839
Birthplace: Bas Canada
Marital Status: Married
Religion: Catholique R.
Page Number: 157
Line Number: 46
Film Number: 517373
LAC Film Number: C-1277-1278
Digital Folder Number: 4108691
Image Number: 339
(14) Website of Bryan-Martin Families
(15) Drouin document copied from the Parish Registers or the Town Clerk's Office.
(16) LDS birth and death registrations
(17) Burials of the Potvin Funeral Home, West Warwick, Rhode Island