- A - Windmill built in 1648 - Lower left
- B - Montreal Fort built in 1645 - Lower left, above Windmill
- C - First cemetery - Upper right of Fort
- D - House of Maisonneuve built in 1652 - Upper left, above Fort
- E - Hôtel-Dieu (Hospital) built in 1644 - Upper right
The parish was inaugurated in 1642, at the founding of Montréal. Jesuit Father Joseph Poncet was its first pastor in 1642. He was the one who baptized a 3 year old Native American Joseph ANINTAKETE on 28 April 1642. There was no church, however. Religious ceremonies were held in the Chapel of the Hôtel-Dieu which was built in 1644. The first parish church was built only in 1670. (1)
(1) PRDH, Certificat de baptême No. 39325.